October 27 | 1°C 🌨 | DAY 214 @ 🏠
- The weather has turned. The roads are slippery, wheels are spinning and it’s cold as hell out there and it’s not even the worst it’s going to get. Luckily it’s supposed to warm up by the end of the week, but maybe the cold weather will encourage people to stay home.
- I found an internship I’d really like to take on. It’s the perfect fit for me, a little to perfect, so I’m in the process of researching the company to make sure I really do want to apply for it. The last company I had an interview with turned out to be a huge scam, so I’m giving myself a week to research the company before making contact.
- My insomnia has been really bad this week. Not sure why. I have tried getting up earlier, exercise, cutting back on coffee (a lot of coffee), and even tried having a drink before bed but nothing works. I was enrolled in a program to treat my insomnia, but between school and work I couldn’t keep up with it. I may just take advantage of it and start doing my assignments at night. That would be a better use of my time than staring at the ceiling for six hours.
- I have been getting caught up on the Netflix Marvel shows. Just finished season 2 of The Punisher, which was much more enjoyable than the comic. Now I am watching season 3 of Jessica Jones. It’s too bad these characters/actors aren’t making the jump to Disney+. I was really hoping for Heroes For Hire.
- I also just started reading The Lady In The Lake by Raymond Chandler. It’s the fourth book in the series, and I’m really enjoying it. I think there are only one or two more books left in the series, so I’m going to have to find something else to read soon.
- My kid wants a heart shaped rainbow cake with strawberries inside and whip cream and cherries on top. Lucky for me, I have all the time in the world to figure out how to make that a reality.