October 20 | -1°C 🌨 | DAY 207 @ 🏠
- Just finished the story planning for my next film. Once I’m done this, I start working on the first draft of my script. It’s due in exactly one week, so I’m hoping I can get it done by this Friday.
- I am in a bit of a bind for this next project. If I were to film it as is, it would cost a lot of cash, but due to COVID-19, I probably won’t be able to actually film it with a cast and crew, so I have been looking at animating it in stop motion, which won’t cost as much, but will still be pricy and time consuming or possibly doing a motion comic which will be cheaper but extremely time consuming. I’m also looking at learning 8-bit animation and animating it as a late 1980s/early 1990s video game that just plays itself out on it’s own.
- Speaking of COVID-19, I had to go in for a COVID-19 test yesterday. It wasn’t as bad as others have let on, but I’m in no rush to do another. I got my results this evening, they came back negative.
- I just finished writing a poem for another one of my classes. With this one I had to show all my revisions and write down my process. I’m actually happy with the end result. It was nice to see how chaotic the first draft is and how each following draft shapes the poem into a concise, readable poem that I might actually submit somewhere after school is done.
- Prior to getting sick I had a bunch of trees in my front lawn get cut back. Part of the deal involved me cleaning up the mess. I didn’t realize just how big all those branches were. I have a week and a half to finish making those disappear.
- It snowed today. I wasn’t ready for that. The joys of living on the prairies.
- Just to see if it’s possibly to get a job while I’m in school, I have been applying for part time jobs that might work around my schedule. Still no luck. Instead, I am now treating my university work as a full time job. I sure hope this ends up being worth it.
Okay, that’s enough procrastinating. Back to work.