September 24 | 19°C ☁️ | DAY 181 @ 🏠
- I’m getting ready to shoot my film over the next week or two, so the kid (who didn’t have class today) and I went for a nature walk to test out one of my cameras. I have an older DSLR, and it’s fine for video without sound or movement, but I don’t think it’s the camera for this project. I may end up using my iPhone or iPad instead.
- I may try again tomorrow with the GoPro and the iPhone in a gimbal to see if I can get better results than with the DSLR. After that, I’ll test out a camcorder. In the end, I can see this leading to me just buying a new camera. I find what I need is the versatility of a DSLR, the stability of a GoPro and the viewfinder of a iPhone or iPad screen. As far as I know, this camera doesn’t exist yet. Although, the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera does come close.
- Currently redecorating the house to get ready for filming. It’s the only location I’m comfortable using at the moment, so we need to get it looking nicer without spending money, which is a bit of a challenge.
- The last of my textbooks arrived today. I hope that’s the last of them. I really don’t want to buy anymore books. I find they get opened once, we’ll study a chapter and then never use it again. It’s hard to justify spending that much money every term. Luckily this will be my last year.
- In the process of getting my home office decluttered. Since we’re not selling the house this year, we need to decide what to keep what to throw out and what to put into storage. Right now that room has become a dumping ground for everything we don’t know what to do with, and surrounds me with dozens of tripping hazards. In reality, I will probably graduate before that room gets cleaned up.
- I’m still getting more exercise than I was before but I’m not getting in as many steps as I should be…and somehow I’m still gaining weight even though I’m eating less. Either my scale is broken or my body is telling me to stop exercising.