AUGUST 25 | 23°C ☁️ | DAY 152 @ 🏠
- Managed to fix the deck today. All that’s left is pressure washing and staining.
- Somehow I managed to break the TV last night. Well, I didn’t break it, I was just the last one using it. I can hear it making crackling noises when I power it up, but the screen is blank. I guess I should buy a new one, but with phones, laptops and tablets, do we really need a full sized television? Especially when everyone wants to watch or do something different, it’s hard to justify buying something that large. We were talking about maybe buying a Nintendo Switch, but with this in mind, the Switch Lite looks much more appealing.
- I have to go out “into the wild” tomorrow to buy some stain for the deck, and get my new ID card from the university. Still not keen on being around large groups of people, but I need to take care of things on the todo list by the end of the week.
- Finished a book on my Kindle this morning called Farewell My Lovely by Raymond Chandler and started reading A Connecticut Yankee in King Author’s Court by Mark Twain as well as The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. One of my goals for this year was to read more, and I have fallen behind. Since I am on vacation and the school year is two weeks away, I am doubling down on my reading right now.
- I basically consolidated three websites into one the other day. If you’re reading this on LostSatellite.com, then it worked. I have a collection of blogs, websites and domain names scatter throughout the web, and I’m not paying close enough attention to any of them to do well, and neither is anyone else. So I exported the data, imported it here and shut all the other sites down. I had to delete a lot of posts, especially from Tumblr, as they didn’t want to import to WordPress properly. Now here we are. Let’s see if I can avoid neglecting this one while I’m in school.
- The weather took a turn for the worse this week. It constantly looks/feels like rain, but nothing happens. I’ve been going stir crazy around the house looking for something to do. Instead of actually doing something, I’ve been taking a lot of naps. Not feeling super productive this week.
- I have also given up on Twitter. I still have a personal account, but I can’t justify using that service anymore. Either there is far too much negativity on there, or their algorithm is broken and showing me everything I don’t want to see. I’m not a fan of Facebook either, but I like Instagram, so I guess I’ll keep LostSatellite in that ecosystem for now.